Giving yourself enough recovery time from training is just as important, if not more important, than the training itself.
Here’s a few things to look out for:
- You used to be excited about going to the gym – not so much anymore.
- Your performance (or lack thereof) is seriously stressing you out , and a poor workout ruins your day.
- You’ve got chronic muscle soreness after every workout, and/or that lingering “shoulder thing” that just won’t seem to heal.
- Your sleep pattern has become irregular.
- Even though you’re in bed for enough hours, you never feel well-rested in the morning.
- You need a Monster drink or three espressos to get fired up for your training sessions.
- You crave carbohydrates (sugar!) more than you used to.
- You’re getting sick a lot, or just can’t seem to kick that cold you picked up.
- You’re training hard and “eating right” but that little belly just isn’t going away.
- You’re actually gaining fat, instead of losing it.